Cookie uses generally fall into one of the following categories:
Login and Security:
- To log you into FanFiction.Net and related services.
- To protect your security by verifying encrypted data/tokens stored in cookies
- To fight spammers, trolls, bots, and others that violate our terms of service
- To allow you to customize the look-n-feel of our services via customizations
- To remember previous account settings
- Geo-targeting special content for users in different parts of of the world
- To help us understand how you are using our services so we can improve it for the future.
- To assist in ad delivery via 3rd party ad networks which may include interest-based ads.
Take the following steps to disable interest-based ads:
- On a browser, you can visit the Digital Advertising Alliance’s consumer choice tool at https://optout.aboutads.info to opt out of seeing interest-based advertising.
- On an iOS device, enable the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting in your iOS phone’s settings.
- On an Android device, enable “Opt out of Ads Personalization” in your Android phone’s settings.
To disable the usage cookies, you can modify your device browser to accept or deny cookies or to request your permission each time a site attempts to set a cookie. Please note our services may not be fully accessible when cookies are disabled.
Last Updated Feb 14, 2019